Each year in spring, thousands of companies worldwide are requested to answer the CDP questionnaires on climate change and/or water.
What is the CDP Supply Chain Questionnaire?
The CDP is „a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts“.
The CDP collects data related to Climate Change, Water, and Forests. Requested companies need to answer a questionnaire that will then be ranked by the CDP. Investors and companies use the data collected by CDP and the ranking to make investment and business decisions.
CDP Investor & CDP Supply Chain Deadline 2017
If you are a stock-listed company, you will be asked to take part in the CDP Investor questionnaire, which is due at June 30, 2017. If your customers the CDP Supply Chain Program, your company will be asked to complete the questionnaire from until the 31st of July 2017. For companies responding to both questionnaires, the main contents need to be submitted by the end of June, with the additional Supply Chain Module being due end of July.
Recommendations to answer the 2017 CDP Supply Chain questionnaire
- Appoint one project leader
- Mobilize your internal teams: product development, risk management, environmental managers,..
- Prioritize the answers according to the CDP Reporting Roadmap and the Scoring methodology
- Focus on quality over sheer quantity when composing your answers, and make sure you understand the aims of each question
For the CDP Climate Change questionnaire in particular:
- Set targets to drive your strategy
- Keep good track of at least 2 to 3 projects in terms emission reduction initiatives. For example: change in lighting system.
- Assess your Corporate Carbon Footprint (at least Scope 1 and Scope 2 to start with).
Still unsure of your answers?
Benefit from external support
You can benefit from various support options, from the least to the most turnkey solution
- Response Check (product made by CDP to review the final answer). The Response Check service can be delivered by DFGE, who have received training from CDP on the response check methodology and process, as well as the other Silver Climate Change Consultancy Partners of CDP.
- CDP Consult: Gap analysis and workshop to review last year’s answers and plan improvements
- CDP Complete: Have your Carbon Footprint assessed and your questionnaire filled in by DFGE experts, saving you time and resources
- Dedicated support: scope 3 calculation,.
Consult the DFGE CDP support page for more information.
You can also check:
- the scoring methodology
- CDP website
- CDP guidance webpage
- Carbon Footprint
- CDP Roadmap (2016). For the 2017 version, sign in to CDP and find it in there.
- CDP Water
- CDP Climate Change