A concrete framework for action
Creating a Climate Action Plan to reduce your carbon footprint is becoming increasingly important. It becomes part of measurable corporate goals in your climate strategy. The goal is to continuously reduce CO2 emissions throughout the entire company and its value chain.
DFGE supports you – as the only partner of the CDP for Science Based Targets (SBT) – holistically in the creation of a Climate Action Plan: From the calculation of the carbon footprint, to the target setting of CO2 savings potentials and measures to avoid CO2 emissions. In addition, a KPI dashboard for carbon footprint reduction is created to ensure the necessary control and overview of the data. We are also happy to accompany you in further steps of CO2 reporting and CO2 offsetting for a climate-neutral company or a climate-neutral product.
In the third step of the climate strategy, effective and sustainable methods for CO2 avoidance are developed and decided upon, enabling you to achieve greater energy and resource efficiency. This is done within a Climate Action Plan tailored to your individual needs and based on the calculation results of the Carbon Footprint.
Based on the results of the carbon footprint, we develop the Climate Action Plan in accordance with our DFGE Top-down Approach and in consultation with all relevant stakeholders. This involves reducing the CO2 emissions caused by individual business processes or the entire company through measures to save energy, increase energy efficiency, select energy sources or conserve resources.
- Kick-off and Situation-Analysis
- Presentation of carbon footprint hotspots based on the DFGE top-down approach
- Identification of possible fields of action
- Selection of areas for further project deep dive
- Conducting interviews with the main stakeholders
- Collection of missing data for a proper analysis
- Identification of the top measures
- Development of a CO2 management plan and the necessary process for implementation and periodic performance evaluation
- Development of KPI dashboards
- Calculation of potential CO2 savings
- Formal internal review of all data and information
- Final meeting and presentation of the results and documentation report
In order to be able to implement the Climate Action Plan in a goal-oriented and holistic manner, a fundamental understanding of the underlying CO2 compensation strategy is required – for this reason it is essential to inform and educate all stakeholders about functioning processes and options.
- We help you to build up your own know-how
- Workshops & Trainings
- Customized Consulting Services
Benefit from our experience of more than 20 years in climate protection and accounting methods (e.g. GHG Protocol) and reporting standards such as CDP, GRI, UNGC, Ecovadis and many more.
Improve your Climate Strategy. We help you to structure the necessary climate protection measures, evaluate them and create the basis to implement and track them.