An integral component of your CSR activities
The UNGC – or United Nations Global Compact – is the largest international multi-stakeholder platform working to increase corporate commitment to sustainable development and responsible business practices. The UNGC is based on the 17 SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) set by the UN.
Especially for companies that are at the beginning of their sustainability management, the UNGC offers a first sustainability reporting tool that can be implemented relatively quickly. We at DFGE provide you with comprehensive support here.
„Being an owner-lead company with lean structures, we have to invest our capacities with caution. Top priorities are quality and effectiveness of our products. However, and thanks to the extensive support by DFGE, we could establish in parallel a very practicable sustainability management.”
The difficulty in participating in initiatives such as the UN Global Compact (UNGC) is often not a lack of sustainability, but in collecting and documenting the right data. For more than 20 years, we have been helping companies of all sizes and from all industries to meet this challenge. With manageable effort on your side, we help you calculate reliable data and formulate meaningful answers for more sustainable business.
- UN Global Compact registration
- Letter of commitment
- Low fixed price
- Kick-off workshop und analysis of the situation
- Review of existing data and gap analysis
- Suggestions for responses / content by DFGE
- Complete creation of the CoP (Communication on Progress)
We support you in the preparation of the CoP (Communication on Progress). Based on the existing information in your company, we suggest answers to all questions of the UN Global Compact (UNGC). In addition, we advise you on the content of how you can implement sustainability even better in your company. The resulting report on your company’s Corporate Social Responsibility can also be used by you for further sustainability communication.
We consult you on an individual basis, providing internal trainings for your team, but also workshops and subtasks during the UNGC participation.
- Workshops & trainings
- Tailor-made consulting services
- Validation of your responses
Whether you are a medium-sized business or a global player, no matter if you are joining Ecovadis for the first time or if you are already a pro
Save time and effort and take advantage of our expertise. For many years, we have accompanied well-known companies in their participation in the UNGC.
We can help you hold your supply chain accountable and support them in their UN Global Compact participation as well.
We see ourselves as your coach and consultant. Nor are we an advertising agency that makes your data prettier. Our roots are in research and that’s how we still work today.
Full Service Provider
We serve our customers holistically – your UNGC participation is just one part of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Our Sustainability Intelligence solutions create transparency and synergy effects, no matter which reporting you participate in
Founded in 1999, the United Nations Global Compact is the most important multi-stakeholder platform advocating company engagement towards sustainable development and responsible corporate governance. With more than 12,000 participants from over 145 countries it has grown to be the largest initiative of this kind. As a matter of course, DFGE as a company also participates in the UN Global Compact.
Ten principles form the basis of the UN Global Compact, which were taken over from the Declaration of Human Rights, the Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work of ILO, the UN Convention against Corruption and – in the area of environmental protection – the Rio Declaration. With their participation, corporations and institutions commit to these principles in a written statement.
This commitment is verified once a year by a so-called COP (Communication on Progress) to be submitted by all participants. Participating companies and the reported COPs are published on the UN Global Compact website. In return, companies may use the logotype “Global Compact – We Support” in their communications.
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- the effective abolition of child labour; and
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development