Climate Neutrality on a scientific foundation
Determining a company’s greenhouse gas emissions (Corporate Carbon Footprint) is a central component of corporate sustainability. It also requires, on the one hand, a concrete climate target that specifies the necessary emission savings and, on the other hand, an implementation plan that includes concrete measures. Both together form your company’s climate strategy and make your ambitions measurable and comparable. A science-based climate strategy avoids climate change risks and exploits opportunities.
We support you as the first Science-Based Targets partner in the DACH region in accordance with international standards such as the ISO standard or the GHG Protocol. In a holistic approach, we accompany you as a full-service provider from the calculation of the carbon footprint to certification and a possible compensation via climate protection projects. DFGE uses a robust scientific process methodology, rejects blanket calculations and thus counteracts green-washing.
As the only CDP partner of Science-based Targets in the DACH region, we offer you a holistic solution approach for your climate strategy. To avoid greenwashing, the projects advanced with DFGE can be transparently tracked on our platform.
Step 3: Avoid
In the third step of the climate strategy, effective and sustainable methods for CO2 avoidance are developed and decided upon, which enable the customer to achieve higher energy and resource efficiency. This is done within a Climate Action Plan tailored to the individual needs of our customers and based on the results of the calculation of the carbon footprint.
Step 4: Compensate
The fourth step is to compensate for unavoidable residual emissions, e.g. by investing in forest protection and reforestation. Achieving so-called Climate Neutrality for products or the entire company is the goal of the climate strategy.
From a management perspective
- Holistic and resilient process flow
- Management Summary
- Reduction of internally required resources in all process steps
- Climate protection solution from a single source – scientifically based, strategically appropriate
In search of high quality
- Calculation according to recognized standards e.g. ISO-Norm, GHG protocol, PAS 2060, SBTi criteria etc.
- Projects certified according to international standards
- Consideration of Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions
- Identification of the CF value according to DFGE TopDown approach and reduction of the error range
- DFGE TopDown Ansatz und Reduzierung der Fehlerbandbreite
Your Sustainability Management
- Projects aligned with the strategy and sustainability goals of the product/company
- Solution-oriented approach supports you in implementing the necessary measures
- Communication with DFGE seal for validated climate neutrality
- Detailed report for your sustainability communication