Next Friday, the 12th October 2018 a joint webinar on TCFD organized by the World Environment Center (WEC) and the DFGE – Institute for Energy, Ecology and Economy will take place. The central topic is how the Financial Stability Board’s (FSB) Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) are affecting the business world. Speakers from WEC, ABM Ambro, EnBW and DFGE will secure a deep and broad insight into the topic.
Which organizations are part of the webinar on TCFD?
- The moderator of the webinar on TCFD is Lori Michelin, President and CEO of the WEC. The WEC is an independent non-profit-organization that advances sustainable development and creates sustainable business solutions through individual projects in emerging markets.
- DFGE – Institute for Energy, Ecology and Economy: the DFGE is a German service provider of sustainability consulting and auditing services. Its core business relates to the calculation of Corporate and Product Carbon Footprints and to the support of companies in their sustainability reporting efforts (e. g. EcoVadis, CDP, UNGC, GRI, etc.). Within the webinar Wolfgang Berger from the DFGE will give insights in how leading companies are approaching the implementation of TCFD recommendations.
- ABN Amro Bank, N.V.: the ABN Amro Bank is a Dutch all-round bank serving banking services to retail, private and commercial clients. The bank supports the recommendations of the TCFD which helps to identify and disclose information about climate change related risks and opportunities. Within the webinar on TCFD ABN Amro will give information about how specifically banks are approaching climate-related financial disclosure.
- EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg: EnBW is an electric utilities company headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany. The company is offering its solutions to both private and commercial customers. Within the webinar on TCFD Lothar Rieth from the EnBW will tell more about how electric utilities are evolving their risk management models to align with the recommendations of TCFD.
Register now for the webinar on TCFD
- Topic: Climate-related Financial Disclosures – A Finance and Business Point of View on TCFD
- Date: Friday, 12th Oct. 2018
- Time: 3 p.m. CEST // 9 a.m. EST
- Duration: One hour
Click here to register for the webinar.
If you cannot attend live you should still register. We will be sending out slides and the recording to all registered participants after the event.
What is TCFD?
Chaired by Michael R. Bloomberg, the TCFD seeks to develop recommendations for voluntary climate-related financial disclosures that are consistent, comparable, reliable, clear, and efficient, and provide decision-useful information to lenders, insurers, and investors. It recognizes the work that has been done by NGOs in this space, however, as an industry-led initiative, the TCFD represents an opportunity to bring climate-related financial reporting to a mainstream audience. By August 2018, already over 390 organizations have expressed their support for the TCFD.
Also, CDP is working together with the TCFD in order to define questions for its assessment that relate to the financial impact of climate change risks and opportunities. Thus, TCFD is focusing on aspects how the world impacts companies, especially with regard to how the financial performance of companies is affected by climate change.
Above-named aspects are showing that the young framework TCFD already has a strong influence on business and the ‘sustainability world’ of businesses. In future, this will have further impacts on the disclosure of respective data as well as on the CDP questionnaire for the upcoming years.
How can DFGE support you regarding TCFD?
DFGE provides consultancy and auditing services around sustainability-related risk assessment and management. Whether in the context of CDP reporting or as part of a strategic approach, we assist companies in identifying, assessing, managing and reporting climate-related risks and opportunities. Our customers in this field include DAX, MDAX and Global 500 corporations, but also internationally oriented medium sized companies. We help you conducting meaningful scenario analyses taking into account different pathways for several climate-related drives, based on renowned scenarios e.g. by the IEA, IPCC and industry associations. Get in touch with us via or via phone: +49.8192.99733-20.