The CDP season 2018 has already started. Companies are in the preparation stage for their CDP participation 2018 and collecting relevant data and resources needed for the response. New participants try to find an appropriate path that guide them well through the CDP process. Repeaters focus on the new requirements (e. g. sector specific questions) and want to communicate their achieved improvements compared to the previous year. This blog entry provides a short overview regarding the most relevant aspects, tools and resources needed for a successful CDP participation 2018.
- The CDP ORS (Online Response System) which gives companies the opportunity to response the questionnaire 2018 will open delayed in the end of May 2018
- Due to this delay, the CDP deadline for responses has been extended again to 15th August 2018 for companies responding to their investors and 29th August 2018 for companies responding to their customers
- In the end of March 2018 scoring methodology and guidance have been published (resources are available here). Those documents are very helpful for your CDP participation 2018 in order to know the hotspots of the CDP requirements (see our blog post from 3rd April 2018)
- Caused by the many questionnaire changes further support is given regarding the main changes (e. g. Technical Note on the TCFD, Technical Note on Scenario Analysis or Questionnaire Changes; see also our blog post from 21st December 2017)
Which key resources and business units within your company are needed for the CDP participation 2018?
- Requirements for responsibilities and structural aspects (e. g. who is responsible for climate change issues? How often are climate change issues discussed during scheduled meetings?)
- Human Resources department regarding employee incentives (e. g. for energy or emission reduction goals, opportunity for improvement suggestions by employees)
- Climate change strategy (e. g. risk and opportunity management, scenario analysis)
- Relevant emission values (e. g. Corporate Carbon Footprint; see also our latest blog post regarding this topic from the 25th April 2018) and reduction targets
- Energy management for energy KPIs and aspects as well as specific energy related goals
- Purchasing department has to communicate value chain engagement regarding climate change issues
Conclusion: What have companies prepare for?
- Companies have to communicate internally in a suitable way, i. e. involve relevant business units (see above) at an early stage in order to collect data in an appropriate scope and at right time
- Resources given by CDP (e. g. guideline, scoring methodology, technical notes) are very helpful and recommendable
- Extended deadlines give companies more time to response but shouldn’t change the internal time plan
As official CDP Silver Climate Change Consultancy Partner DFGE supports companies with the CDP Response Check. Here, DFGE checks the answered CDP questions and data your company has given. Besides that, DFGE supports interested companies with individual services and packages like CDP Starter or CDP Complete for the best possible CDP participation 2018. In case of any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us via email@example.com or phone: 08192-99733-20.