The DJSI 2017 results are now available! The DJSI, or Dow Jones Sustainability Index, is a stock exchanges index, which includes Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria into the ranking.
DJSI 2017 Process
In March 2017, a total of 3,484 companies was invited to take part in the Corporate Sustainability Assessment or CSA, which serves as a basis to proceed to the ranking.
The questionnaire is
- Customized for 60 industries,
- Over 3 dimensions: Economic, Environment and Social.
- Weighted. You can read the methodology for an overview on the weighting rules
In total, 942 companies filled out such questionnaires, out of 2,086 analyzed companies. It means that some 1,144 assessments were based exclusively on public information.
Then, companies were selected to be part of the Indices based on various rules:
- Their score needs to be at least 40% of the highest scores within the respective index universe
- Only the 10% best companies are chosen for DJSI World.
- The error margin is taken into account.
- There is also a buffer rule (Select existing components if they are within the top 15% of their industry for DJSI World)
DJSI 2017 Results
In order to check the composition of DJSI 2017, you need to go to here.
The indices are the following:
- DJSI World
- DJSI Europe
- DJSI North America
- DJSI Asia Pacific
- DJSI Emerging Markets
- DJSI Korea
- DJSI Australia
- DJSI Chile
The industry leaders list is available here.
A review presentation sums up the main additions and deletions for the indices.
Congratulations to all who made it, and to the companies which were added to the indices!
Of note, for Germany, Henkel AG & Co KGaA was added to the DJSI Europe and ranked Industry Group Leader for Household & Personal Products, while Metro AG is the industry group leader for Food & Staples retailing and Allianz SE the industry group leader for Insurance.
DJSI More resources
For the companies who did not make it, do not hesitate to learn more about the methodology and the DJSI in order to get ready for next year: the assessment usually opens end of March until end of May.
You can already prepare an improvement plan to tackle the required remaining gaps.
Below is a list of additional resources:
Contact us for any question at email@example.com .