The reporting initiative CDP announced last week that the CDP deadline 2018 will be extended. Thus, companies have a bit more time for planning their submission as well as for the collection and bundling of relevant data. While participants in the CDP Investor Program have to submit their responses (latest) on July 31, 2018, organizations of CDP’s Supply Chain Program have half a month more time (CDP deadline 2018 ends on August 15, 2018).
The reason for the extension of the CDP deadline 2018 is the adjusted CDP questionnaire 2018 (compared to the previous year). CDP 2018 changes are structural changes as well as some content-related adjustments and (partly sector-specific) extensions. You’ll find concrete information in our blog article about the new CDP questionnaire 2018.
Overview of further timelines
In addition to the extended CDP deadline 2018, there are additional relevant points in the coming months:
- February: Comprehensive details of changes to the CDP questionnaires from 2017 to 2018 will be shared
- March: Guidance and scoring methodologies will be available
- April: Access will be provided to CDP’s new disclosure platform; some organizations will be asked to provide additional information to their customers that are members of CDP’s supply chain program
- July: Responses to investor requests must be submitted by July 31, 2018 to be automatically eligible for scoring and inclusion in CDP reports (where applicable)
- August: Responses to supply chain requests must be submitted by August 15, 2018
Webinar regarding the CDP questionnaire 2018 changes
On February 28, CDP and the DFGE will host a webinar on the innovations of the CDP questionnaire 2018. There are two sessions available: 10:00 and 17:00 CET.
Here you can register for one of the two slots: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/7488892832668477186
CDP Climate 2018: Aiming for best practice
The webinar explains how companies can address the new challenges in the CDP Climate Questionnaire 2018:
- Understand the changes in the CDP 2018
- Key challenges and how to address them internally
- Risk-/Opportunity management
- Scenario analysis, transition strategy
- Value chain engagement
- Links to other reporting requirements
Further support and short review
DFGE has been the official Silver Climate Change Consultancy Partner of the DACH-region since 2014 and supports more than 30 companies at the answering of the CDP-questionnaire for Climate Change and Water – starting with first-time participating middle class companies up to participants of the CDP A-list of DAX and Global 500.
Especially concerning the reorientation of the CDP questionnaire 2018, we offer a free short-review of your current CDP-performance and your priorities for 2018 – just get in touch with us via email at email@example.com or telephone at +49 8192 99733 20.