Sustainability and climate change continue to be at the forefront of global interest and have become key issues for businesses, governments and consumers. In 2023, we will see some key sustainability and climate trends.
- Increase in CO2-neutral and emission-free products: Companies will continue to increase their efforts to bring CO2-neutral and zero-emission products to market. These products are in demand from consumers who are looking for ways to reduce their environmental footprint.
- Investment in renewable energies: Demand for renewable energies such as solar energy, wind energy and hydropower will continue to grow. Governments and companies will continue to invest in renewable energy to support the transition to a green energy supply.
- Increased focus on circular economy: The idea of a circular economy where waste is reused will play an increasingly important role. Companies will increasingly focus on building circular systems to reduce waste and conserve resources.
- Social sustainability: The debate on the loss and damage of climate change in developing countries at COP 2022 highlights the need to act collectively and the importance of acting as a community and taking into account the most vulnerable. In the challenge of sustainability in general and climate change in particular, the “social” dimension of sustainability is often overlooked.
- Growing importance of biodiversity: The importance of biodiversity will continue to grow as more and more people realise the impact of climate change on the environment. Governments and businesses will step up their efforts to protect biodiversity.
In summary, sustainability and climate change will remain important and trends will continue to evolve. Businesses, governments and consumers must continue to work to protect our environment and combat climate change. It is important that we work together for a sustainable future and support each other to create a green and healthy world for future generations. Each of us can make a difference by consuming more wisely, using renewable energy and reducing waste.
How DFGE can help you?
In order to be able to cope with the sustainability trends in 2023 as a company, DFGE offers support. For example, in meeting various sustainability standards and frameworks, such as UNGC, GRI or CSRD. As well as in setting science-based climate targets and transforming corporate strategy.
Sustainability Trends 2023: Goodbye Greenwashing, Hello Business Results (forbes.com)
The Ongoing Evolution of Sustainable Business: 2023 Trends Report (sustainability.com)
The top 5 sustainability and climate trends to watch in 2023 (economist.com)
Key sustainability trends that will drive decision-making in 2023 | S&P Global (spglobal.com)
The 5 Biggest Business Trends In 2023 Everyone Must Get Ready For Now (forbes.com)